Thursday, May 19, 2011

Looks Like Her Daddy

Most people, when they see Marley, say that she looks like me.  I  see her dad in her.  I guess it's just a matter of perspective.  I've been going back through some of the photos of her first six months of life.  It's been quite a trip down memory lane!  And one thing that really struck me is how much she looked like Jim when she was a baby...






This is a dead ringer for a look he used to give.







And how much Jim looked like his dad!



I think this is my favorite. 
We called it "The Dillon Stare". 
Jim liked it enough to have me print it out on 8 1/2 x 11 paper and hang it on the fridge!




She looks more like her dad in this one for what her finger is doing than anything else! 
 HA!





First Halloween.  Jim wanted her to have a hat...


...but all she cared about was her toes!

We used to joke when she was a baby that there was no way he could deny her.  She's lost those chubby cheeks, but I still see him in her every day. 
Especially the nose.  And the eyes.  And the stare.

3 comments:

  1. I am not sure exactly how to put this as from me, but she does look just like her daddy. I see it in every photo. What a lucky little girl to have such amazing, gorgeous, and strong parents.

    -Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a gorgeous mix of the two of you. Some parts of her just scream Daddy's girl. And other parts scream Mama's girl. It's such a neat thing to see that blend.

    But the looks she gives...so very daddy. Sometimes I see Jim just peeking out of those eyes. Or the way she tips her head, or the set of her jaw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gift, isn't it? To be such a wonderful mix of the two of you? (And I joked at Itty Bit's birth that I needed a maternity test to prove he was mine :)

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?