Monday, January 23, 2012

Finally!

I saw Jim in a dream this morning. It was right before I woke up. I was in my truck, about to back out of my parking spot. I looked into the rear-view mirror just in time to see him come from out of nowhere and screech to a halt directly behind me. Like slam on the breaks, make-the-front-of-the-vehicle-dip-down screeching halt. He was grinning, curls sticking out from under his white Notre Dame hat. He was wearing a blue sweatshirt I got him from Lands End- the one that turned his eyes my favorite color of bright blue. And of course, he was driving his Jeep. In response to my startled look, his eyes got wide and he threw up his hands, as if to say, "What are you doing? Don't you look?" Another grin, and then I woke up.

I've waited a year to see that precious face in my dreams, even if only for a few seconds.

It was worth the wait.

7 comments:

  1. That's so awesome! What a gift! So happy you received that blessing! Love ya,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. God knew you needed it this week. It sounds very Jim and I smiled reading it. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This gave me chills. I am so happy for you. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome dream! I'm so glad this finally happened!!
    M'liss

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smiling for you!!! Sending love!!! -Jules

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?