Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Last Year

Someday I'm going to turn this blog into a book(s) for Marley.  I want her to have a permanent record of her life in pictures, stories, and memories.

Last year at this time, things were pretty rough in the Dillon household.  I didn't know it, but Jim was only a few hours from coding in the ICU.  FaceBook was my main form of mass communication.  I used it to keep concerned friends and family members abreast of what was happening with us, true.  But I also derived incredible strength from the comments that you all posted there.  I could feel your love wrapping Jim, Marley, and I up.  I could feel your prayers. 
There were so many people who have reached out to us in the past year (and in the previous three during Jim's illness), in so many ways.  Family, friends, churches, strangers...friends of friends.  A lot of those details are still buried in my mind.  I can't pull them all out just yet, for some reason or another, which is incredibly frustrating to me sometimes.  I want her to know about all of the lovely people that held her, Jim, and me in their hearts and prayers around the time time of Jim's passing.  So, I'm including some of the posts and responses that made their way onto FaceBook in those days.  To be honest, at the time I wasn't able to read all of the responses that came in.  Things were spiraling out of control for us at the hospital, but I was able to look on my phone and see the names of the people who posted.  And I cannot tell you how much it meant to me to know that so many were thinking of us and taking us before the Throne during a surreal and difficult time.

So, here are some of my posts and the responses you gave.  I've included them (with some formatting issues- yuck) just as you wrote them.  I took out your profile photos and last names for your privacy.

Jim will soon be going home to be with Jesus. He coded in the ICU, but they were able to bring him back and I am waiting for his family to get here.
    • Josh C.- My thoughts and prayers are with you guys.
    • Holly L.- Oh Megan, I just love you & am praying right now for all of you.
    • Kimberly McF.- Shawn Adison and I are thinking of you!!!!
    • Lonnilei K.- Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry! My heart breaks for you. Huge prayers for you and Marley. ((hugs))
    • Darla M.- An amazing fight and amazing faith. You have shown Jesus through all of this. Praying for you all.
    • Debbie W.- so sorry Megan. Jim will not be in any more pain when he goes to be with Jesus.
    • Erin B.- Many hugs and prayers for you and Marley, especially. My heart is with you today! Xoxox
    • Julie Anne You're in my prayers Megan. You and your family. Love you.
    • Wendy S.-
    • Terry and I are praying for you and Marley~Just let God hold you through the pain and remember that you will get to see Jim again.
      Debbie T.- May God be with you all my dear..praying for you!!
    • Kellie H.- ·
    • Praying for you !!!
      Penny B.- Megan...I'm praying for you.
    • Katie L.- My thoughts and prayers are with you each and every day!!
    • Brooke G.- My thoughts are with you Megan!
    • Missi P.- I love you both!
    • Shelley M.- Thoughts and prayers to your and your family during this emotional time.
    • Jennifer N.- oh my gosh!!!! praying hard for strength and peace!
    • Kamie B.- We are sending our love and prayers !!!
    • Sunda G.- Love and Prayers from all of us!!
    • Lynne W.- Know that you are all in our hearts. We will be there to hold you up through all the times to come. Love and kisses to all of you!
    • Julie A.- Praying for you, Megan.
    • Drinda D.- No words......just love and prayers for you and Marley!! So thankful Jimmie accepted Jesus as his Lord and SAVIOR for he will see him through.
    • Melissa S.- We love you guys so much!! Praying for you constantly! Tell sugar I love him!!
    • Ashley P.- Praying. Praying. Praying.
    • Bethany B.- Megan, I love you. Tell Jim we love him. The kids want you to know they are praying and love you both.
    • LeAnn C.- But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves released from the stall.~Malachi 4:2
    • David S.- Meg--our love and prayers are with you. ~Pastor and Pat
    • Robin N.- Life is just not fair. I hate when good people hurt. I know that God is with you and we all are praying for your family. Praying the angel of comfort wraps her wings around you all.
    • Waneta D.- Loving prayers sent to the throne room on your behalf. rejoicing on Jims' behalf but sorrow for you and Marley. May God completly engulf you with his loving kindness and shelter you under his wings. skeeter and charlie
    • Kendra G.-Praying for you and Marley.
    • Brian-Michelle M.- Oh Meg - I'm so sorry, Love and prayers to your family
    • Marianne O.-I am thinking of ya'll
    • Robyn H.- praying, praying, dear Megan!
    • Jennifer Y.- We love you Megan. What ever you need we are here.
    • Kelly L.- Megan, we are praying for you and the famlies...we love you, remember that Jim will not be in pain anymore,and that Jesus will take good care of him until you can see him.
    • Heather S.- Oh, Meg. So very much not the ending I was clinging to and expecting. I'm so sorry. Now I just pray you'll feel the love of everyone surrounding you and may Jesus make the rest of your time together beautiful and sweet. Our hearts and prayers are with you.
    • Sheri S.-We pray God's mercy and peace for you and the family, dear. You all are being lifted up to the only One who can bring that peace and mercy. May He surround you with His loving arms and support.


    • We love you!! ~Pastor and Pat

      Jeff H.-
    • i am praying for you,marley,and jim..may GOD be with you and watch over all of you and give you peace and comfort
      Jeanne C.- Oh Megan ... I can't speak nor find the words to say other than our thoughts and prayers go out to you, Jim and Marley as you face this difficult time. Remember we are here if you need us. We love each and every one of you. We pray every day.
    • Ellen C.- Megan we are praying for all of you - for strength, peace, and on overall surrounding of God's love. You are amazing - you all are. May God's grace be with you now. Love you!!!
    • Dolly L.-i just read this. my heart sunk deep into the pit of my stomach. so sorry. do know that we love you and hold you dear to our heart. praying for all.
    • Anna C.- Sending up lots of prayers right now for you and Marley.
    • Alice C.- Praying for all of you.
    • Susan P.- what a beautiful reward for him and such a loss for us...but what a gift having jim in our lives.
    • Mark P.- Megan - you, Jim, and Marley are and have been in our thoughts and prayers.
    • Anita H.- You are in our prayers.
    • Daylene D.- I love you Megan !!!!!!!!!!!
    • Tami O.- You were in our thoughts all day at school today. Much love and many hugs going to you, Marley, and family today.
    • Kayla L.- To you and your family me and Mats prayers are with you. we miss you all but we know that Gods doing all he can to take care of all of you.
    • Jean N' Dion T.- Our prayers are with you all.....You and Jim have been amazing and such a testmony through everything!!! Love you!!
    • Becky K.-  Jeff and I are so sorry, Megan. Life is really just not fair and I, too, hate it when good people have to get hit with that.
    • Sheryl H.- our prayers are with you and marley,and your family.
    • Tami M.- Thinking of you Megan..What a couragous man he has been....What beautiful memories he has given you and Marley...Our heavenly father will take care of him...
    • Dewey F.-

    • Megan your in our prayer's I know you have heard this so much but do you know that many people never hear this during their entire life, it's so awesome to know many,many prayer's have went up to the lord on Jim's behalf,why?Because were family, our last name's may not be the same but we are a part of the Family of God.When one of is hurting were all hurting and here we all are standing beside our family and hoping to help bridge the gap for a brother that each one of us love and care about so very much by reaching out to the heavenly father in prayer without ceasing and asking God to move and that we trust in him and weve put Jim in his hand's .Love y'all.

      Andrea C.- Words can never start to express...just know Jim is being guided and uplifted on the prayers of many and the Lord is the only one who can ever know the full sequence and impact of the journey each of us has in this life. Love you.
    • Lee McL.- our prayers are with you
    • Billie T.- So sorry, Meagan!! I know you've been through a lot. Love and prayers.
    • Kayla L.- Me and Mat are so sorry for what you are going through. May god watch over you and give you divine comfort and blessings. Me and Mat will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. :)
  • My sweet husband went Home to be with Jesus at about 5:30 pm today, surrounded by his family and friends. What an amazing man I married.
January 25, 2011 at 7:35pm via mobile
Chanda C.- sorry to hear girl.....thankful he is not suffering any longer but i know its hard for you all.big hugs and prayer go out to you from us.
Kellie H.-‎~praying for your family~
Jean N' Dion T.- Have been praying and thinking of you all evening, that a peace and comfort surpases all understanding. Hugs to you and Marley, just know how many people who love you!
Deb H.- Lots of love and hugs to you and Marley.....love you
Heather S.- Love love love to you and Marley, my dear friend.
Kristin P.-  Megan, sorry to hear of your loss.....please let me know if there is anything I can do.
Amanda W.- I so wish I could be there to cry with you Megan! I will pray ever so hard for you and your sweet little one!
Daylene D.-Absolutly, love you megan and marley !!!!!!!
Linda M.-Doug and I are so sorry, Meg.
Tami O.- I am so sorry, Megan. Wishing you and Ms. Marley much peace during this difficult time. May you hold the sweet memories of Jim close to your heart.
Chris H.-  I'm so sorry. Thought are with you
Lesley S.- love you.....hugs to you and marley!
Anita H.-  My thoughts are with you.
Jennifer N.- Megan, I hardly know what to say. Please know how much I love you, how much I'm thinking of you and wish I was there for you. Prayers for peace and strength...Let me know if I can do anything.
Sunda G.- God Bless you all!! Please accept our sincerest sympathy's!! May the Lord watch over you all in your time of need!!
Teresa H.- Oh Megan, prayers and love to you and your sweet Marley.
Alice C.-Megan I'm so sorry, you are in my prayers and thoughts.
Sue B.-Megan, I am so sorry. Thinking of you and Marley and the rest of the family during this time.
Melissa H.- So sorry to hear of his passing. Keep strong in your faith. I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers.
Julie Anne- You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers Megan. Love you! God Bless!
Lee McL.- Keeping you in our prayers, may God give you strength during this time.
Jeff H.- So sorry to hear that megan..GOD is with you.we all love you and are here for you
Erin B.- Oh Meg, so much love coming your way. Please know how much you and Marley are loved!Brian-Michelle M.-  So sorry Meg - Praying for you to have strength during this tough time. So glad to hear family and friends were there with you.
Corey H.- Bree and I are sorry to hear. I am so glad I got a chance to get to know and work with Jim. He was an amazing person to have known. He will be watching over and protecting you and Marley and will have open arms when you meet again.
Ervin Y.III -Just heard the news from Erv, sorry to hear of your lose, May God give you peace and strength in the days to come.
Marianne O.- many thoughts and prayers from me and Paul. and it is Jim that is grateful to have you as a spouse and to stick by him through this hell. you are amazing
Sarah K.- I'm so sorry to hear this Megan. You've been on my mind all day today, I guess this was why. Praying for you and Marley.
Debbie W.- So sorry Megan.Our thoughts are with you.
Marcie B.- So sorry for your loss.... he was a wonderful man. we enjoyed when he came in to see us. you and marley are in my prayers.... he's pain free now. nothing can hurt him!
Andrea C.-  Love you Megan.
Julie A.- I am so sorry, Megan. Praying for you and sweet little Marley.
Shaun I.- My thoughts and prayers are with you and Marley.
Wendy S.- There are no words that I can say that can take away the void in your heart~ I only know that God will fill that void until you and Jim are reunited.
Kendra G.- Let the Lord be your rock , your fortress and strength. Praying for you guys.
Jeanne C.- oh Megan...How does one express ones sympathies. I know God will take care of you and Marley, Jim will be in a much better place. Our Prayers and thoughts are with you. Please let us know what we can do for you. We love you dearly
Holly L.- And he married an amazing woman! God bless you, my friend. He loves you so very much! Jim is dancing on those streets of gold~feasting with Jesus and undoubtedly bragging up his beautiful wife.
Cheryl S.-
Hear O Lord and answer me for I am poor and needy. Guard my life for I am devoted to you. Your are my God; save your servant who trusts in you. Have mercy on me O Lord for I call to you all day long. Bring joy to your servant, for to yo...u, O Lord I lift up my soul. You are forgiveing and good O Lord abouding in love to all who call to you. Hear my prayer. Oh Lord listen to my cry for mercy. In the day of my trouble I will call to you for you will answer me.
Missi P.- Miss Megan I love you and Marley so much! My prayers are going out to the two of you and Papaw too! Please let me know what I can do to help you, I wish I was with you. Jimmy was a wonderful wonderful, sweet man who will be very much missed.Marla B.- Megan - adding my prayers and support. Hugs to you and Marley.Samantha F.- I am praying incessantly for you and Marley. May God wrap his loving arms around you both, granting you a peace that only he can provide.
Kimberly McF.- Soooo sorry Megan for your loss, please know that Shawn , Adison and I are thinking of you and Marley during this time!!!
Johncie L.-  Megan, I'm so sorry for your loss. From the words posted above on FB that your husband was a wonderful man and now he's with God and Jesus looking over your and your Marley. May God grant you peace and strength my friend!
Mary C.- Megan my heart hurts for you and Marley but it also rejoices for Jim. For he is with your wee one that has been waiting for him. What a reunion that must be, and to be present with Lord, sing praises to the Father. My prayers are with you as you travel this path but you will not be alone, "He will wipe every tear from your eyes" Revelation 21:4(NIV) ♥
Amy H.- and what an amazing woman he married! Love you girl!
Jeanne C.- and you were his amazing wife....lucky for the both of you to have found each other and had the time you did....bless you all
Melissa S.- He was not the only amazing one, Meg! Your strength and faith is amazing! Jim is now watching over you and Marley from heaven. Love you!!!!
Brandy G.- Megan we all love you and Marley bunches!!! IF YOU NEED ME LET ME KNOW I AM HERE..... MAY GOD WRAP HIS ARMS AROUND YOU AND GIVE YOU BOTH PEACE AND COMFORT!!!!!
Emily A.- Megan, I am praying for you & your little gal. So sad to hear the news, please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Lori H.- Tonight I was sitting in my car outside of church waiting for a class to start...l turned on meditation music and began talking to God asking Him to provide His watch, care and blessings over my family and friends and to be there for the three of you. During my class my phone rang...it was my Mom to let me know Jim had passed away. During my time of prayer...there was such peace and such calm...that is how I picture Jim now peaceful and calm. May God continue to bless you and Marley. We love you!
Karen B.- Megan, so so sorry for your loss. I was so hoping for a different outcome. You were in my thoughts all day today. Peace be with you and your little one.Nancy R.- Our hearts are heavy, but we rejoice with you at the same time. No more pain, praise the Lord!
Tami M.-
Megan, I am so sorry for your heartbreak...He loved you and Marley so much and fought so hard to be with you as long as his body would allow..He is with God now, out of pain and basking in all the wonders of heaven..Remember he is always in... your heart and in the beautiful girl of yours..you are so loved by so many rely on them to help you through difficult times now and later..always thinking of you and praying for you.
Susan P.- what a beautiful life you and Marley gave him.......there's no better gift on earth than thatJanell W.- Oh, Megan. You are truly amazing...I marvel at you. Joel and I, along with so many others, will be keeping you and Marley in our prayers. xoxoxFran S.- so sorry megan, my prayers are with you hugs
Debbie T.- I am so sorry Megan....we prayed so hard...now I pray for you and Marley to be strong and that God surrounds with His strength and His love.
Alan W.-Love you, Megan. While I'm sure this has been exceedingly difficult to go through, what an amazing testimony of your trust and faith it has been. Will continue to pray for you and Marley.
Kamie B.- God Bless all of you. Jim is at peace and pain free now. He will be missed by all. Sending our love your way!!!
Lynne W.- Remember the gifts you gave each other and carry them always in your heart. Remember we are here for you and our little Chickadee!
Robin N.- No words, just prayes a plenty. He made a big ripple in the pond of life and has a wonderful little girl to remind you of the good times.
Kim C.-  Megan, My prayers and thoughts go out to you and Marley and the rest of the family. What a beautiful little girl that you and Jim created. You will always have her around as a reminder to the love that you and Jim shared. Keep the faith! Love ya!
Erinne S.- You are in my thoughts and prayers. Look to him for strength.
Robin K.- Oh, Megan, my heart is heavy for you and Marley to hear of your loss...praying for comfort and strength.

So blown away by all of those who were able to come to the visitation today. What a blessing to see all those people who love Jim, his family, and us. And for those who couldn't come, thank you for your cards, flowers, and words here on FB and through others.


If anyone has extra copies of the newspaper (Hillsdale or C-ville), would you save them for me? Thank you! 
Friday, January 28, 2011 10:43 pm
Melissa S,- I love you Meg!!!
Cindy E.- I so wanted to see you tonight...but the yuck is stuck with me. I have been praying for you and thinking of you today. sorry I couldn't give my dear friend a hug tonight...please know how much I love you!
Geoff -Love you meg!
Chanda C.- hugs&we love you
Heather S.- I'm so sorry we couldn't be there with you. I really wanted to be. But our hearts and prayers are there, even if our dupas aren't.
Marla B.- Friday's paper will be saved. Are there others you'd like? Let me know if you want some extra copies.
Jeri S.- Love you!
Missi P.- I have copies of Friday Cville paper for you! I love you so much!
Tami O.- Our thoughts have been with you all week. ♥
Penny B.- Love you Meg. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Angel S.- Thinking of you and Marley, Megan! Jim is at peace, and so you can be too! Love ya ♥
Bobbie V.- Love and hugs to you Megan. I'm sending a package north for the auction. May you feel His embrace during the next stage of life.
Jed G.- My parents called and said that they were able to go and see you. We love you and have been praying for you from this side of the world. We know that the Captain of our faith will give you comfort and guidance through these storms of life as you look to Him!
Kimberly McF.- We have been thinking of you all week! You have got to be the one of the strongest people that I have ever heard! I wish I had that so thank you for being you! Adison said tell you that she is sorry and that she wishes you were still her teacher!
Janell W.- Hi Megan, You and Marley have been in our hearts today and this past week. Lots of love from the F-W family!








No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?