Tuesday, August 16, 2011


When Marley was born, Jim and I were living in Hillsdale, Michigan.  I was working as a kindergarten teacher, and Jim was working at American Copper and Brass as a fork-truck operator.  He'd just had surgery to remove a golf-ball sized tumor from his shoulder and had gone through six weeks of radiation.  He'd had his last treatment a few days before Marley was born.  We had tons of visitors the first few weeks, beginning with my parents and local friends while we were still at the hospital.

<><> <><> <><>
My mom, Sherrie.

<><> <><> <><>
My dad, Rick.

<><> <><> <><>
Marley was just a few days old when Mom and Dad came to visit us.
<><> <><> <><>
This is Tressa, a friend and OB nurse.
She was there when we lost our first baby, so it was
so wonderful to have her there to celebrate Marley's arrival.
And yes, her eyes really ARE that blue!
<><> <><> <><>
This is Dr. Bediako, our OB. 

<><> <><> <><>
Mom stayed with us for a week or so after Marley was born~
I was so thankful!  She took care of the house, me and Jim,
Marley, and even made some new flowerbeds in the back yard.
We were all surprised by how quickly Marley held her head up.
It should have been an indicator of her curious nature!
Once we came home, the visitors soon started coming over...

<><> <><>
There were LOTS of cousins...
<><> <><> <><>
Everyone wanted their turn to help.
My sisters were both there to visit and the weather was
beautiful, so we took advantage of it and had a cookout in the back yard.
<><> <><> <><>
My former boss came to visit too.  Dave and Lynne would soon
be affectionately known as Papa and Grandma. 
<><> <><> <><>
Jim's sisters Lisa and Wanda came up for a visit and spoiled her rotten.
<><> <><> <><>
This is Pastor Dave and his wife Pat, from my church.
<><> <><> <><>
Jill came to see us in the hospital, and then brought her
girls over to have a turn at holding her.

<><> <><> <><>
One of my best friends, Denise, was a frequent visitor for
"baby therapy".  I remember that this was a warm day, and
all the windows were open and a nice breeze was blowing
through the house.
Then it was time to head to Indiana.
<><> <><> <><>
Grandpa Dave Dillon, Jim's dad,  was happy to meet his newest granddaughter.
We've spent a lot of time on his couch, playing with toys
that he keeps on hand for Marley since then!
<><> <><> <><>
We went to see my grandmother, Delores Hollingsworth.
Marley was feeling a little crabby that day.

<><> <><> <><>
We met my birthmom and aunt at a Cracker Barrel in
Indianapolis so that they could have their turn snuggling.
Beth and her kids joined us there too.

<><> <><> <><>
Aunt Betty, Mamaw Paula, Marley and me.

There were many more visitors~ I don't have pictures of them all.  I think it was a full month before we were home alone all day! 
What a blessing to know so many people loved us and wanted to see our miracle baby!  


  1. Great memories, Meg. Love the picture of Mom and Marley.

  2. I notice that the visitors were the ones holding Marley in all the photos except the ones with her Daddy. Looks like he might've had a hard time sharing his little girl! :-)


What's on your mind?